ORDER no. 5110/2018, from 17th September 2018,
regarding the approval of national minimal standards for granting the title of “Doctor”.
ISSUER: MINISTRY OF NATIONAL EDUCATION. PUBLISHED IN: MONITORUL OFICIAL, no. 817,
from 24th September 2018
THE COMMITTEE OF EARTH SCIENCES
Minimal national standards for granting the title of “Doctor”
In order for the title of “Doctor” to be granted, the following requirements need to be met:
- GEOGRAPHY DOMAIN – the publication of a minimum of 1 paper in ISI indexed journals (WOS and/or Arts & Humanities) and a minimum of 1 paper in BDI indexed journals, as first author;
- GEOLOGY DOMAIN – the publication or acceptance for publication of a minimum of 2 papers (and providing the official proof of acceptance), which should meet the following cumulative conditions:
- At least one paper must be published in a journal indexed with an Impact Factor >/= 1;
- For at least one published paper, the PhD student must be 1st author, single author or corresponding author;
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE DOMAIN – the publication of a minimum of 1 paper in an ISI indexed journal (with an Impact Factor > 0) as 1st author, and the publication of a minimum 1 paper in a BDI indexed journal.