The Optical Society and both, INFLPR and IRE OSA Student Chapters invite you to attend IONS Balvanyos 2017 taking place between 25-28 July in the Eastern Carpathian Mountains of Romania.
Abstract submission and registration have been extended until Friday, the 26 th of May 2017.
So, register now if you don't want to miss out IONS Balvanyos 2017!
Registration is FREE for BSc, MSc and PhD student members of OSA, SPIE or EPS, and there are a limited number of travel grants available for international students.
* This conference will feature student talks and posters on a variety of topics. It is a great opportunity for young researchers and engineers looking to gain experience presenting and networking in a fun environment.
* The conference will host prestigious plenary speakers, including: Scott Diddams, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), USA; Marcus Motzkus, Institute of Physical Chemistry, Universität Heidelberg, Germany
* The Professional Development session will feature: Mariia Pashchenko, OSA Ambassador
* The Chapter/Section Management session will involve the following talks: Terence Rooney, Manager - Students and Early Career Professionals, OSA; Roberta Caruso, European Physical Society Young Minds Project Board Member
* During the program, there will be a variety of other activities besides talks including outreach and social activities (e.g. field trip to the only volcanic lake in Romania, visit of medieval castle and fortified church as well as BBQ with campfire).
International OSA Network of Students (IONS) are envisaged for students, by local student organizers at the most active OSA Student Chapters, with support from their universities, research institutes, industry partners and OSA. We hope to see you at IONS Balvanyos 2017.
For more information about the IONS program, visit http://www.osa.org/en-us/get_involved/students/ions/
Agota Simon, Conference Chair, INFLPR OSA Student Chapter
Nataliia Mysko-Krutik, Conference Co-Chair, IRE OSA Student Chapter
Terence Rooney, Manager – Students and Early Career Professionals, OSA